Saturday, May 18, 2013

Today's Offering to the Gods of Procrastination

I'm in the midst of reviewing 107 physiology lectures for our cumulative final Monday morning but I needed a break to give a shout out to my amazing classmates.

I really lucked out with my decision to go to BCMS.  I've friends at other schools who talk about the competition and the frustration of the ubiquitous gunners.  Here, we have a contest for 'resource of the week'.  It's such a collaborative environment. There is competition but it's mostly as a class trying to beat the performance that other years had on exams. (we rocked the immuno midterm- our average was 7 points higher that the '15 class).

Pre-exam weekends always show a flurry of activity on our facebook page with post after post of practice exams, summaries, review material from upperclassmen or other schools, people posting info garnered from office hours. It's pretty amazing how so many of my classmates are so generous with their discoveries.

For anyone applying to medical school, a non-curved grade structure really makes a HUGE difference in the learning environment. I remember when I was looking at schools, it fell lower on the totem pole of priorities.  Now I wouldn't trade it for a full scholarship to JH.

No comments:

Post a Comment