Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wallet Blues

I lost my wallet last night. I spent the entire day looking for it.. under my bed, between books on the shelves, in the fridge, in the car; I tore my apartment apart searching. I drove to work hoping desperately that it would turn up in my locker or the unit lost and found.

Nope.

Sigh.

I immediately checked my balances online and.. whew.. everything was fine. So I called my banks and cancelled my cards. I drove to the DMV and applied for a new license. Then I stopped by the bank and withdrew enough money to last the next week.

Now, I'm at home and going through a bag of cards and letters that were sent to my mom during her hospital stay, a chore that I've procrastinated on for the last year. It makes me sad.

Between a letter from my grandmother and a card from an old neighbor is... baddam bam... my wallet.

ARGHHHHH!!

(I have NO IDEA how it ended up in this bag of letters which had been stowed deep into the recesses of my closet-- I'm blaming the cat.)

Sigh.

Oh and I just got rejected from Brown University SOM.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that always the way with wallets? So shitty though. And sorry about Brown - hopefully that just means you'll get accepted somewhere better. Ever thought of coming to Canada? Our tuition is waaaay cheaper.

    ReplyDelete